Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who can hold a plank for 4 minutes without resting??

Who can hold a plank for 4 minutes without resting?? ...that's right, this girl can.  

It must have been the planks. That's the only thing I've been doing differently. My entire body feels stronger- abs, legs and arms- and it must have paid dividends in my running. Either way I'll take it.

My regular plank routine consists of 5-10 minutes of multiple plank variations: fully extended, bent elbows, side, back, twisting, raised leg, raised arms, leg out to the side. It's incredible how much stronger i feel just by doing those few simple moves.  Without time, energy, motivation, or money to go to a gym, the planks are a phenomenal workout and make me feel fantastic (even if I have to deal with sore abs every other day).

No comments:

Post a Comment