Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I don't want to run anymore

It's been 8 days since my last post, and I've ran precisely ONCE since then. Count it. One time. That's it.

The worst part is, I haven't even felt like leaving the couch. I have all the time in the world right now, and I have energy to spare, but I'm doing absolutely nothing with myself. And I mean absolutely nothing. My big accomplishments from the past 2 weeks include setting up this blog, cleaning my room and doing my laundry. That's about it. I've been job-searching, went on two interviews, started looking for tutoring gigs, ate a lot of chocolate and watched a lot of movies.

I don't even miss running. I don't even want to run anymore. I'm so much more inclined to sit around these days, its actually quite sad. I think I'm in a funk. I mean, I do miss the feeling I got from running. That incredible high that would lift my spirits and have me walking on air for at least the next 24 hours, possibly even longer. I miss the feeling of being slim and fit. The incredible confidence that comes with completing a really tough run or braving the elements. The feeling that I can overcome the odds and do anything I set my mind to. I miss having the desire to run. I miss Julie the runner. Yet, despite all that, for some odd, bizarre, indescribable, inexplainable reason, I don't miss running. I just don't feel like running - it's just not fun anymore. I would so much rather sit on the couch.

I think I'll get back into it once it gets warmer outside... I've never been much of a cold weather runner anyway. here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment