Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let the rain wash away all my resolve

Laziness came back with a vengeance today. But in all honesty, I did get a lot accomplished... I was very productive on the job search front.... plus I made time to enjoy the day (I watched a movie!) So the day wasn't a total waste by any stretch of the imagination. Plus, it was raining outside, which is fine, because running in the rain is awesome, but at the same time it is a huge deterrent to actually wanting to go outside in the first place. I was going to run around 1:30pm, then Andrew showed up unexpectedly to hang out for a bit before his class - which was such a great surprise!! - but by the time he left, I decided to continue resting and dedicated myself wholeheartedly to job-searching for the rest of the day.

I also made up my mind about the marathon. At this rate, I doubt I'll ever be ready in time. I found out there's a 10-miler that day, which runs the same course as the marathon, just for the first 10 miles. I think this will be a much more reasonable, much more realistic goal. I can definitely run 10 miles, and I can even work towards a faster time over the next 5 weeks. This way I can continue to run at my leisure without feeling super-guilty about every day that goes by without a run. In the meantime, I can enjoy my time off from work, dedicate myself to looking for a job, and focus on getting things straightened out at home.

I am happy with my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment