Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dear Winter

Dear Winter,

I love you but this act is getting old. Snow, slush, sleet, freezing rain, ice storms... I'm just so tired of it all! You're really putting a cramp in my running routine. I WANT to run. I NEED to run. For the first time in a long time, I am actually in the MOOD to run. Every single morning this week I've woken up refreshed with a mindset to get outside and run before work. Yet, because of you, I couldn't!!! I'm not even making excuses - it's just too dangerous to go sliding around on the sidewalk that you magically turned into a solid sheet of ice.

Don't get me wrong, I think you are truely beautiful and I love seeing you. But once you start getting in my way and preventing me from exercising, we have a MAJOR problem. So please move on with your life.

Sincerely,

A frozen New Yorker

PS - Tell Spring to come soon! I can't wait to ride my bike and go for long runs in the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment